MEAGAN C. JEFFERSON
Art-based project manager
I am a project manager with 10 years of experience specializing in business logistics. Currently I am also a graduate student in fine art, with an emphasis on social practice and the African-American experience, working towards my MFA in the low-residency program at Lesley Art + Design in Cambridge. My goal is to bridge my business management background with my passion for art and social justice.
2017 – present Shipping Supervisor
- Supervise shipping personnel to efficiently keep product moving from production to storage and to the customer.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Prepares shipping documents accurately and in a timely manner.
2016-2017 Shipping Manager
- Responsible for the receiving operations of Outlet Appliance Store, processing of merchandise, ensuring effective inventory controls, and movement of merchandise within the store.
- Accountable for accuracy of receiving documents, supervision over merchandise identification, and handling accountability for inventory shrinkage.
2011-2016 Logistics Specialist
- Manage team members of 5-10 during store hours ensuring the team made sales goals and provided excellent customer service. Created a strong bond of teamwork, team building, and challenged team members to strive to be their best selves.
2021 – present MFA (ongoing), Lesley University, Cambridge, MA
2007-2011 BA, Economics, Spelman College, Atlanta, GA